Tuesday, May 31, 2011
Why Set Goals?
Notes From Success Magazine On Achieving Your Goals
1. All successful people are goal oriented.
2. Your ability to set goals is the master skill of success.
3. They know what they want and focus on achieving it every day.
4. Goals unlock your positive mind and release ideas and energy for goal attainment.
5. Without goals you simply drift and flow on the current events of life.
6. Abraham Lincoln: “The best way to predict your future is to create it.”
What Should I Think About Before Setting Down To Write My Goals?
1. Your purpose.
2. What gives your life meaning?
3. What gives you personal satisfaction?
4. What are the unique gifts and insights that you can contribute?
5. Ask, “How do I want to be remembered?”
6. List the qualities, deeds and characteristics for which you would like to be remembered by your friends and family.
a. Make a list of everything you can think of that you will have to do to achieve your goal.
b. Organize your list by priority.
c. Organize your list by sequence. What must be done before something else is done?
d. Determine how much time and money it will take to achieve your goal or complete your task.
e. Revisit and revise your plan accordingly.
What Should I Do To Help Me Stick With My Goals?
1. Surround yourself with people and things that keep you focused.
2. Take charge of whom you spend the most time with.
3. Manage your workspace so that you are reminded of your goals.
4. Manage the news and information you feed your mind, control the language you use.
Posted by Shane Dreiling at 7:06 PM